The API allows you to send messages through your own application, website, or CRM over HTTP / HTTPS, SMTP, and SMPP. It is a ready-made library created by software developers for the customer to connect his project and help send messages from anywhere with a single command.
Let’s see how to set up this feature at SMS-Smart.
API Integration User Guide SMS-Smart
To set us the API access by external applications and websites proceed to API Connections at your SMS-Smart admin panel. API Connections page enables configuring parameters for connection to such third-party servers.
The page contains a table of configured connections. To create a new connection:
- Open API connections tab on the my.SMS-Smart.com portal >>
- Create a connection by setting the IP address from which you want to send the SMS
- Get the login and password there
NOTE: When using the mask, replace one or several octets with an asterisk (*). For example, 192.168.1.* matches any IP address starting with 192.168.1.
4. The new record will appear in the table, with an assigned username and password. Insert the username and password in the HTTP template and transfer it to the web programmers of the third-party application.
The HTTP template is as follows:
- portal_url is https://my.sms-smart.com
- username and password are the credentials provided by the system at API Connections tab (the connection you’ve created for your IP address provides you username and password, please insert it to the sending URL. Please, do not use here your registration \ login data).
- ani – sender name or number;
- dnis – Destination mobile number;
- message – text message.
For any additional information contact the SMS SMART technical support team.